Google has announced that, starting July 2018, page speed will become a ranking factor in mobile search vs page speed and it will target only the slowest loading pages. More than half (53%) of automotive internet shoppers use a mobile device in their quest for automotive information.
If your pages are slow to load, it will:
- Hurt your mobile SEO
- Increase in bounce rates
- Increase your average cost per click
- Hurt your conversions
- Result in missed leads
- Decrease your sales
For a car dealership website that takes more than 3 seconds to load:
- 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with car dealers website performance are less likely to buy from that business.
- 73% of website visitors and car shoppers note page speed as the leading attribute in website performance.
- 40% of visitors will abandon a website
- 80% of visitors will not return
How much money are you wasting on slow page speed time?
Improving Page Load Times for Car Dealerships
- Use Google PageSpeed Insights
- Host website on fast dedicated servers with unique IP addresses
- Reduce server response and connection time
- Error and bug free source code
- Optimize images for the web by reducing file size
- Repositioning your site Google analytics code to the top of the source code
INFOGRAPHIC CREATED BY:
About BOC Partners
BOC Partners, Inc. is an advertising agencies with 1 simple goal: producing advertising that generates sales for the auto industry. We combine creative prowess with precisely-planned ad placement across digital & traditional media platforms.